Not only is October the official start of the holiday family photo season but also National Family History Month in the United States! Additionally, fall sports are in full swing and nature is showing off with beautifully transitioning leaves, festive pumpkin patches, and some of the most beautiful cotton candy skies and sunsets of the year.
What better way to celebrate all the fall memories you’re capturing and past moments than to fill your home with stunning, high-quality photos! From school pictures to the annual family photos, action shots of your kids playing sports or enjoying the pumpkin patch, to nature photos you just had to capture, the benefits to printing your digital photos are plentiful! And just imagine those photos coming to life on stickers, repositionable posters, gift wrapping paper, or a festive table runner for your holiday feast!
Here are some of the many benefits of printing your digital photos and bringing them to life on a fun, printed medium!
- Enjoy looking at your memories somewhere other than your phone or computer! How many photos do you currently have on your phone or computer? If you’re like most every person, everywhere, your phone and online library is filled with digital photos! And despite how much those photos and memories mean to you, you’re probably not enjoying them near as much as you could be. Whether you’ve taken the photos yourself or hired a professional photographer to capture your memories, the best way to memorialize the special moments in your life is to display them in a printed form.
- Share your favorite memories. Either in your own home or as personalized, meaningful holiday gifts, printed photos are one the easiest, most appreciated ways of sharing memories. Printed photos may be used to create beautiful, timeless displays of the most important people in your life. They are a unique and customizable way to decorate your home, too! They also make wonderful gifts.
- Technology is unreliable. Printing your photos is the best way to ensure your memories will live for eternity! Just imagine the devastation of losing your extensive collection of digital photos. Or updating your operating system only to find it’s not compatible with your current storage system or file type. Printing your favorites, whether in a traditional form or as a fun, functional medium like on a sticker, poster, table runner, or roll of gift wrap, allows you enjoy a tangible copy of your favorite moments and memories.
- Believe it or not, .jpeg files can deteriorate. While we are lucky to live in an age where we can easily access thousands of files with the touch of a button, technology isn’t the best option if you want to enjoy your photos in their best form. Every time you open a file on your computer, that file starts deteriorating just a little bit. It might be difficult to notice it at first, but over time your photos will lose their optimal quality. Print your digital photos when you first receive them to make sure you have a copy of them in their best shape.
- You don’t necessarily own your digital photo files unless they’re printed. After your photos are taken or shared with you by your professional photographer, you probably download them to your computer or phone or store them on an external platform like Dropbox or Google Drive. Regardless of where you’re putting your photos though, if you’re not printing them, they’re not completely yours. This is because you don’t own the platform where they’re stored. Even if you own your computer or phone, you’re probably going to update your device eventually. Ownership implies you always have complete control over your photos. But what happens if Apple or Google shuts your account? Will you be able to retrieve your photos from those platforms if they no longer exist? Not only should you back your photos up to an external hard drive but also print them!
- Printed photos can boost your mood! Who doesn’t love remembering the good times and reliving special moments? Printing your favorite memories is the perfect way to put a smile of your face. Just imagine your child seeing their face on their holiday presents in the form of a personalized wrapping paper? Or a sticker featuring their face? Or them walking into their room and seeing a poster sized version of a special sports memory or moment decorating their walls in the form of a repositionable, sticky back poster? Or your family’s awe when the table runner at your holiday meal features some of the best moments from the past year? The options are truly endless and so are the smiles!
- Printed photos make the perfect home décor. Numerous studies have shown the psychological effects of having printed photographs in the home. This article in the New York Times explains one of these studies where the researchers found children who know their family history have higher self-esteem, are better equipped to face challenges, and are better able to “moderate the effects of stress” . Surround your children with beautiful photos of your family. Seeing these photos often helps young children begin to recognize parents and close family members. It can also be a great conversation-starter for your older children.
Ready to Print Your Memories? If you’re interested in bringing your photos to life, StickersAndPosters.com is here to help! We specialize in the on-demand printing of custom stickers, posters, gift wrapping paper, and table runners! Contact us to learn more and get started, today.