Free Resources for E-Commerce Business OwnersApril 13, 2022
Step-by-Step Guide to Launching a BusinessMay 12, 2022
If you’ve launched your e-commerce and are ready to take orders, it’s now time to complete the critical steps to ensure your online store is set up for success!
Once you have solidified your brand identity, established a reasonable website budget, and defined your unique selling proposition, it’s imperative to focus on optimizing your website for closing sales!
Here are some best practices to optimize your e-commerce website to close sales:
1. Address Any Website Issues and Errors
One cannot drive the sufficient traffic to a broken website. It is important to make sure your site is running properly. At least once a month, check your website for high-risk issues and errors by performing an audit.
2. Check Website Speed
The speed of the website has a massive impact on your quality score; in fact, it is considered as more crucial than content according to Google. Mobile users are less tolerant of slower load times so be sure to check your e-commerce store on both desktop and mobile. If pages are taking too load or images are dragging, it’s time to optimize.
3. Mobile Engagement
Approximately 60-65 percent of website clicks are through the mobile devices. Make sure your website is mobile friendly and streamline the path to conversion. Consider each step of your buyers journey, to make the checkout process as effortless as possible.
Ready to get started?
Use this Conversion Rate Optimization Checklist
Work through this CRO checklist to make sure visitors have a smooth journey to purchase from your site:
· Make sure your email, phone number, and any other relevant contact information is in the header or footer.
· Secure your site and checkout and be transparent about your policies. Customers need to know they can trust you and understand how best to order (and return) from your website.
· Ensure all Calls to Action (CTAs) are easy to find, in a contrasting, bold! color.
· Feature reviews and/or testimonials on applicable product pages.
· Optimize your website for a positive user experience. Your website design should be easy on the eyes, intuitive to navigate, and appealing to your audience.
· Feature special offers in a badge format. Free shipping? Make it a badge! Free returns? Badge! Special discount? Badge!
· Ensure all links are working properly.
· Ensure website load is completed in under 2-3 seconds.
· Feature high-quality images, only.
· Ensure all products are described clearly with all features displayed
· Prominently feature all verification badges (secure payment, BBB, SSL, guarantees, free returns, etc.)
Use this Website Speed Optimization Checklist
· Choose a “light” theme.
· Scale your images properly.
· Decrease the weight of your images without losing quality.
· Limit the number of plugins/apps.
· Check in on your page speed.
· Aim for a good user experience.